JoAnimate Festival, “Creative Jordan”; is the MENA region’s leading animation and creative arts & designs event held in Jordan under the umbrella of the MENA ICT Forum 2014, under the royal patronage of His Majesty King Abdullah II scheduled to take place on Nov 12 & 13 at the King Hussein Business Park in Jordan, previously organized with huge success in 2012 as “Jordan Animation Festival” under the Royal Patronage of HRH Princess Sumaya El Hassan.
The Festival covers various components, including hands-on training and workshops for talented individuals and young professionals, to interact and learn from international industry experts on new trends and technologies in animation, designs and production. The Festival also gives the chance for talented individuals to shine and show their capabilities through a Competition for “Short Animated Movies” that will be processed ahead of time, including a Screening Night for the best videos selected, and an Awards Ceremony for the top 5 films.
Moreover, this year’s Festival 2014 will feature Regional Talents & Business Platform & Forum that will showcase talented and leading regional companies in the areas of animation, gaming, digital media, creative designs and production, and allow them to interact with regional and international speakers and participants, to support growing the regional animation ecosystem and industry, and enable potential business opportunities creation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Companies in the areas of animation, games, creative content / designs & arts.
- Related investors and supporting funds.
- Media & production companies & agencies.
- Creative and talented individuals & professionals in related areas.
- Creative industries’ stakeholders & supporters.
- Technology and communications providers and developers.
PURPOSE OF JOANIMATE FESTIVAL
- Showcase emerging and competitive regional businesses.
- Showcase & recognize talented individuals through the competition and awards scheme.
- Attract big international players to meet regional talents and capabilities.
- Eliminate boundaries; explore creative identities and cultures through enabling communication among participants, and design informal setup for networking and joint activities.
- Support in building a solid creative ecosystem egionally that attracts talents and allows global exposure.
FESTIVAL STRUCTURE & FORMAT
JoAnimate Talents & Business Forum 12th Nov – 13th Nov; targeted to creative businesses and open to talented professionals, focusing on:
- Key Note(s).
- Companies pitching and showcasing.
- Interactive Sessions & Panels.
- Networking and Business Interaction Activities.
- Animated Movies Screening Night.
- Competition Awards Ceremony.
Workshops 10th Nov – 11th Nov; targeted to students and young professionals to learn from international experts on trends and technical work approaches.
Competition & Awards; targeted for talented individuals regionally who have developed their own projects and animated movies, trying to give them the chance to showcase andget recognized regionally and internationally.